Saturday 5 November 2011

In to the world of Stampin' Up...

Hi Crafty friends,

Recently, I have discovered the world of Stampin Up. I know about them for a good while, but never found a demonstrator near where I live...that was until a couple of months ago, which believe or not was only 15 minutes away from me.

I found out that she was holding a new catalogue event. So I plucked up the courage (and dragged my mum along too), and I went. Even though it was a hard thing for me to do, I am so glad I did.

Shirley, the demonstrator was lovely, as was all the ladies. We were shown through a lovely demonstration on how to use Scalloped Envelope Big Shot Die to make a gorgeous box and also how to make the milk carton box, from the bigshot die. Which is very cute :)

Then came the opportunity to do a make and take.Well, I surprised myself as there was a chair free at the table, I stood up and took it. Me freely joining a group of 'strangers', that is just not me...but yes it was :)

I did slightly rush my make and take and I know I could do better and more with it, but I love my little milk carton. It's so cute :) And I just had to buy the die to make those butterfly :)



After enjoying my first foray into the Stampin' Up world, I decided, right...use this opportunity! As I said in my last post, I do suffer from Social Phobia, which I am working hard at the moment to over come. So why not use this as a challenge to mix with other people, with the benefit of doing something I really enjoy?

With this in mind, and finding out that Shirley was preparing some workshops in the run up to Christmas, I took a deep breath and said to myself, "right, I am doing this"...eek!

This week I attends a free open house event (and again dragged my mum along...lol). We had a lovely demonstration of a card design, which I am going to have a go at making in the near future, and two make and takes...yes two! :)

As she said we all love the little milk card last time, she was going to show us something completely different with it...hmmmm interesting.

We were given the opportunity to decorate, before we assembled it, with the Stampin' Around Wheels. Which we used the Petite Petals wheel.


Here's the finished box, showing you that it can be closed in two different ways. I haven't completed decorating mine yet, so watch this space






The second make a take we made was a cute little tea bag wallet/envelope, using the scalloped evelope die and the 'Take A Sip' stamp around wheel



I am booked in for an Advent Calendar workshop tomorrow, which I am really looking forward to. So watch this space for my next Stampin' Up instalment :D

Happy Crafting




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. It is very much appreciated xx