Wednesday 9 October 2013

Hello Baby!

Hiya crafty friends,

A good friend of ours is going to be a grandmother for the first time, so I wanted to make a special card for her. I found this site and fell in love her card. So I decided to have a go myself with my trusted Silhouette Cameo and my Design Team goodies from Clare Curds Crafts.


Here's how I made it.
I first made some cutting file on my Silhouette Studio software...


Some of which I cut from white card and the others from the Cosmo Cricket -Tea for Two Patterned 6x6 paper pad


I applied some Spun Sugar distress Ink to the edge of all the patterned paper sections...


which where adhered to the corresponding white card sections, as shown below:



Which was then stuck to the card base with foam pads. I really couldn't be with out my foam pads in my craft stash. 




I used the same process to add a pocket.






I applied foam dots to the top of the straps and doubled sided tape to the bottom



The final patterned piece was stuck at the bottom of the card.


I added a loop of ribbon to the side of the pocket


 and some buttons to the straps


And a bow made cut from another patterned sheet of paper  from the Cosmo Cricket -Tea for Two pad



Now that the front of the card was finished, I made a start on a feature for the inside...a nappy!! :)
I used a Silhouette cut file from their store, but altered it slightly to fit the card and also give a a wavy edge.


I embossed the front and side flaps (as shown below) using the Darice Embossing Folder - Circle in circle 5 x 7





 

The safety pins were cut from white and the pin heads were cut from another patterned sheet of paper  from the Cosmo Cricket -Tea for Two pad


I used a silver pen to then colour the pin.


And then stuck them to the side flaps

  And adhered to the centre of the card


Close-up shots






Thanks for visiting!


Project ingredient:


1 comment:

  1. Debbie this is blooming amazing hun, wish I had got a Cameo now, instead of the cricut mini (which I have never used). Your friend is going to love this hun xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. It is very much appreciated xx