Wednesday 18 September 2013

Quick and easy alcohol pens tutorial - Step 1

Hiya crafty friends,

I don't know about you, but I could spends hours colouring one image with my alcohol pens. I love colouring as I find it very relaxing, but I decided to challenge myself and simplify a technique to use when I want to do a image in a quicker time (because believe me I will still spend ages on other images...well it is my stress busker).

I always to tend to work in groups of three for each colour I use, a dark, medium and light.

So I thought I would video my challenge for you all to see how I get on. I decided to colour a Gorjuss stamps as they are one of my faves. Today I will share with you step one, which will be followed for the next few Wednesdays with the subsequent steps.

I am starting with the 'dress' today and I will be using using Promarkers, but Clare has a fantastic collection of Spectrum Noirs in her store, which will work just the same.

Going by the Spectrum colour chart, here are the nearest eqvilents I could see

Dress
Promarkers

Spectrum Noirs
Aubergine
PL5 (81) Purples
Amethyst
PL3 (85 Darks
Orchid
PL1 (147) Pinks






Tights

Black
True Black (120) Essentials
Ice grey 1
IG (CGO.5) Cool Greys
And always stamp your images with Memento Ink, as this ink will not run when coloured on.

Right, on to the video...


Be sure to visit next week for step two
Thanks for stopping by.

Project Ingredient:



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this tutorial, it helped a lot and I learned a lot about colouring. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I glad you enjoyed the video. Keep an eye out for the rest of the steps xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. It is very much appreciated xx