Thursday 4 July 2013

Getting messy with Shernocky Crafts


Hiya crafty friends,

I love being part of the Shernocky Design Team. There is a little buzz of excitement when my monthly pack arrives at the start of the month.

I am playing a bit of catch up at the moment, as family commitments have restricted my crafting lately, but I am determing to show you all the fantastic products we were given to play with last month. They are all available from the Shernocky shop, and they were:



PaperArtsy Stamps - HPXTO1, PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylic Paint - Baltic Blue, Jute Ribbon, Small manila envelopes and a PolyView Photo Display Book




The first project I have made is a collage card.

I used distress ink (also available at Shernocky Crafts) to distress a piece of card using the Peeled Paint and Shabby Shutter colours.




I then, with a sponge dauber, dabbed the Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylic Paint through the jute ribbon, which gave a grid effect and adding a postage mark using a stamp from the set.


I stamped the  postage stamp image fro the stamp set twice and cut the head out of one of them and decoupaged it, to give some depth. Before I did this I gave it a wash of colour by watering down the Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylic Paint and applying with a brush.



I added small pieces of the jute ribbon to add to the distress look and added some stamped cogs with 3D foam pads, to again add depth. And finally backed it with black card and wrapped twine around.


I mounted the whole thing to a plain white card, as I quite like the juxtapose of them both being used on one project.



2 comments:

  1. Stunning Debbi, love the colours and how you have used the stamps.
    Hugs Rachael xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card, I love it xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. It is very much appreciated xx