Tuesday 17 January 2012

Emma Collin's story...

Hi Crafty friends,

Something a bit different today. If you are a regular reader of my blog you would have learnt that I am in the process of learning to overcome my Social Phobia. A big step with this was starting this blog, but also being asked to be a Design Team member over at Crafty Bloggers Network, which really did boast my confidence and in some sort of way helped me, although anxiously, look to the future. So thank you Emma and of course Jo. for having the faith in me and my work. It has done more for me than you'll know xx

The founder of Crafty Bloggers Network is Emma Collin's, who is the manager of the Creativity Club over at Docrafts and this is her story, which she'd like to share:



"My name is Emma and I’m a 28 year old happily married wife to one very supportive husband, an exhausted mummy to two very adorable and demanding little girls and a very passionate and motivated manager at docrafts®.

After university in 2004 I landed a fantastic job as head of PR for the UK’s leading papercraft supplier. I qualified as a broadcast journalist and had always been keen to work in radio journalism, a dream that had been with me since I was a little girl but whilst studying at university in Southampton I had discovered the ambitious and energetic world of Marketing and PR and this was the turning point of my childhood dream.

In early 2009 I had my first daughter Nevie-Rose and in mid-2010 I had my second daughter Myla.  The close age gaps meant that I could return to my career and remain focused, especially knowing that I have no desire to have anymore. I adore being a mummy, but have always had the desire to remain in PR and keep hold of my sanity.

I returned to work in April 2011 and after suffering with Post-Natal depression work really has been my saviour.  Returning to work this time, I find myself in another very exciting position, taking on a new role and managing the Creativity Club for docrafts®. What a privilege!

Boasting more than 250,000 members, the award winning docrafts.com team created something really special in 2010 for those who craved access to exclusivity and inspiration in the world of creativity. The Creativity Club was born.
Members are given access to unique project ideas, downloads, news, prize draws, reduced P&P and other truly great offers, newsletters and more. Club members also have exclusive access to their very own TV channel (Creativity TV) and a chat forum.

My job is different every day. After dropping the kids off at nursery, I take a 30 minute drive to the office, grab a coffee (totally ME time at this point!) and start up my PC. I then explode with inspiration and ideas to grow the club content and find myself going from exhausted mummy to energetic Emma and all without Redbull!

My current mission is to make more avid crafters aware of this creative resource. The Creativity Club offers an inspiring community to those dedicated to the craft market with a wealth of exclusive content. After setting up the Crafty Bloggers Network on Facebook, I am keen to bring dedicated crafters together under one craft club.
To find out more visit www.docrafts.com/Creativity-Club and you can follow Emma at @ThePRMummy and www.emmacollins.blogspot.com"





Happy Crafting

Click here for more graphics and gifs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. It is very much appreciated xx