Wednesday 30 October 2013

Chaught in spiders web (Clare Curd Crafts DT)

Hiya crafty friends,

Hope you are all keeping safe and warm. The weather really has changed now. My winter clothes are well and truly out of the bottom of the wardrobe now...brrrr!

The change in temperature is also a sign of something else...Halloween. So this week I thought I'd make a little something with that in mind, a spiders web milk carton. These would be great to make for favours at a Halloween party.



1. 
Firstly, I add a cobweb design to a milk carton cut file. I also made four rectangles of patterned paper for the Cosmo Cricket Tea for Two Patterned Paper Mini Deck

Which when cut out, look like this

2.
I added double sided taper around all the web windows...
 And then place each of the rectangle patterned paper over each window

 I was left with some double sided tape showing, so I adding some tape over it so the inside of the box was not sticky.
 Once turned over, you can see the patterned paper showing through the web

3.
I then folded all the score lines, to make the construction of the box easier

4.
Wrap around and gluing the tab starts the consruction


5.
Fold in and glue the bottom flaps, making sure the box stays square

 Allow the glue to dry a little

6.
Whilst the glue was drying I made a sentiment embellishment for the front, again using the Cosmo Cricket Tea for Two Patterned Paper Mini Deck and also the incredible handy Paula-Pascual-Stamps-All-Year-Round stamp set.






 Which I adhered to the front of the carton, using foam pads.

7. 
I also embellished the top opening of the carton...
 ...which I then secured with twine

8. and the last finishing touch was I cutout spider, wrapped with twine



See you again next week



6 comments:

  1. Superb box, Debbi, and a fabulous tutorial hun, thank you for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant project, love it, thanks for taking the time to do the tutorial x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Halloween box Debbi and a brilliant tutorial. Thank you for sharing.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Halloween box Hugs Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your box. I also love your pictorial guide to how you made it. Fab.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. It is very much appreciated xx