Sunday 15 April 2012

*Meet the Design Team - Say hi to Lexie*




1. Tell us a bit about yourself...

 I'm mummy (and home educator) to my son, Jamie, who will be 6 years old in July.  We have a lot of fun together visiting museums, zoos and just going on long walks, and we're planning a new life in Yorkshire for later this year.   We're both really looking forward to doing lots of exploring and meeting new people.

2. How long have you been crafting for and how did you become a crafter?

I started crafting by taking up knitting baby clothes for a friend's new baby.  Her mam taught me to knit and I still enjoy it occasionally.  I then went onto cross stitch and then onto cardmaking about 12 years ago.  I gave up for a number of years, though, but then got back into it almost 2 years ago now and it's better than ever.  Papercrafting has come a very long way in the years that I was out of it, and it's now incredible how many things we have at our crafty disposal.   

4. What is your favourite craft to do?

I love cardmaking, especially making shaped or lacy easels using my dies or Cameo.   

5. Do you work in the craft industry?

Not as such, but I have just started my own little cardmaking business and hope to really get that going once I move...and possibly expand a little, but that's all secret so, ssshhhh! 

6. What is you favourite craft technique?

Using my dies and punches to create my shaped easels.  Oh...and I love my distressing inks...and embossing, and cd crafting, lol. 

7. Who is your favourite crafter and why?

Tricky one as there are so many very talented crafters out there...both famous and unknown.  If I have to choose, though, I think it would be Sue Wilson as she does the most incredible demos and is a seriously lovely lady along with it.  She's also very generous as I won her blog candy the other month and the candy was out of this world! 

8. Why did you want to become a Design Team member?

Well, I saw somewhere to put my name down and so I did!  Lol.   Nah...I'm non competitive so it's my way of joining in with challenges without competing.  It also gives you new things to aim for and makes you dig that little bit deeper to come up with something different and, hopefully, inspiring to other crafters.

8 comments:

  1. WOW lovely to finally see what this lady looks like! I think she is a STAR and I class her as one of my best crafty buddies. Another lovely interview.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to get to learn a little bit more about Lexie, thanks for sharing
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to meet you Lexie, its so nice meeting the designers xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hear Hear Linda
    I agree with your comments and yes nice to put a face to the name...
    she deserves every thing she gets is very modest about her crafting abilities

    Huggles
    Sharon
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol...I love you too Linda! You'll get to see me in the flesh soon enough. Really looking forward to Doncaster - it's going to be such a blast!xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. what an amazing blog! Love it and will deffo pop back xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was fully sure i left a comment!!!! Lexie, great to "meet" you. and yes you are an amazing crafter..xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lexie nice to meet you x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. It is very much appreciated xx